19 March 2014
ASK is the petitioner in the Public Interest Litigation which has been filed with a Special Original Jurisdiction in the High Court Appellate Division.
The Writ Petition has been filed as an application under Article 102 of the constitution of Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
In the Matter of :
Abuse of power and authority by the law enforcing agency resulting in torture and rape in police custody and promoting the other persons to be involved in torture and solemnization of child marriage.
The Respondents are :
- Secretary , Ministry of Home affairs, Bangladesh Secretariat, Ramna , Dhaka.
- Inspector General of police, Police Head Quarters, Fulbaria, Dhaka
- Superintendent of Police, district- Pirozpur.
- Officer In Charge, Nazirpur police station, District –Pirozpur
- Abdur Rahman, Assistant Sub-Inspector , Nazirpur police station, District –Pirozpur
- Moulovoi Mujahidul islam, Zafor Mina, son of Abdus salam Miah, of Village : Baksi, Seikhmati Union Parishad, Upozilla : Najirpur, Dist. : Pirojpur
- Ashim Mistri, Teacher , Baksi S.M Darus Sunnat Dakhi Madrasa.
This was in response to the news stories which had been published :
Dhaka Tribune on 18 March 2014 (click to view)
The Daily Star on 19 March 2014 (click to view)
” draw your kind attention to a news report published in the Daily Star dated 19.03.2014 under the title “ girls goes thru’ horrific abuse’ stating that on 12.03.2014 afternoon a 13 year old girl, student of class seven of Bakshi S.M Darusunnat Dakhil Madrasa and a 13 year old van puller boy while were on their way to a village fair together respondent No.6 accomplishes with other forcefully took them to Rajlaxmi health complex. He called the Police there. As soon respondent 5 reached there and took them to a room and forced the teenagers to strip and do sexually provocative acts and he photographed and videoed it on all an mobile phone. Around 30 minutes into the harassment he handcuffed both and took the girl to another room and raped her. Once the respondent No,5 was through withy his nefarious act , respondent No.6 took over. he forced the teenagers into marriage without registration. The respondent No.6 released them only after extracting TK-3500/-. ”
Public Interest Litigation Filed : 19 March 2014 by Ain o Salish Kendra