Terms of Reference (ToR)
Translation of Booklet ‘The Declaration on Human Rights Defenders and other Resources: A booklet for Defenders’ from English to Bangla
Ain o Salish Kendra (ASK) was established in 1986 as a national legal aid and human rights organisation. Over the last thirty-four years, ASK has evolved a more comprehensive approach to promoting, protecting, and preventing legal and human rights throughout the country. ASK’s strategies are to promote human rights awareness and community activism; offer legal aid through mediation and litigation while survivors are given psycho-social counselling; conduct investigations and documentation into human rights violations and file public interest litigation for law and policy reforms supplemented by research which facilitates to media and advocacy campaigns to defend human rights of all, especially human rights defenders in Bangladesh.
ASK in collaboration with the Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (Forum-Asia), a regional human rights organisation, will publish the booklet titled, ‘The Declaration on Human Rights Defenders and other Resources: A booklet for defenders’ (hereinafter referred to as “the Booklet”) in Bangla. ASK is looking for a translator to do the task in an efficient manner.
- Objective of the Task
- To translate and proof the contents in the Booklet from English to Bangla accurately in an accessible and reader-friendly language.
- The booklet is available in the following link: <https://www.forum-asia.org/uploads/wp/2020/09/Booklet-online.pdf>
- To incorporate the translation in the format and design set by ASK.
- ASK will share the format with the translator upon confirmation.
- Language and Font
- Language of the Booklet will be is simple Bangla and font of the Booklet will be in of the Bangla font family ‘SutonnyMJ’.
- The consultant will complete the task within Seven days from signing the agreement.
- Submit first draft of translations within five days from signing the agreement;
- Submit the final draft after incorporating feedback from ASK into the design format.
- Must have adequate experience in translating relevant documents from English to Bangla.
- Budget and Mode of Payment:
The Budget for this service is BDT 50,000/- [Fifty thousand taka only] (including VAT and TAX) payable in a single installment after the completion of the task
- Submission of proposal:
ASK invites proposal from consulting/research firm/agency/organisation/individual. The firm/individual must submit their interest through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last Date of proposal submission is 08 September 2021
ASK would have complete ownership and use of the whole document and will use the information for the purpose of research publication and any others.
- General Terms and Conditions and Disclaimers:
- ASK reserve the right to accept or reject any proposal without giving any verbal and/or written rationale;
- All reports and documents prepared during the assignment will be treated as ASK’s property;
- The reports/documents or any part cannot be sold, used and reproduced in any manner without prior written approval of ASK; ASK or its representatives reserve the right to monitor the quality and progress of the work during the assignment.
- Terrorism and money laundering issues: If there any proof of engagement in any terrorism and money laundering issues, ASK will reject the proposal without assigning any reason.
- Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and Sexual Harassment Protection Policy: The firm/organisation/individual shall comply with the Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and Sexual Harassment Protection Policy of ASK. Any violation/deviation in complying with ASK’s child protection policy, Code of Conduct and Sexual Harassment Protection Policy will result in termination of the agreement.
- Contact Person:
Tamanna Hoq Riti, Assistant Coordinator, Media & International Advocacy, Email: email@example.com.