- 61 Incidents of Violence Reported at the Indian/ Bangladesh Border – See breakdown of Border Districts Below.
- 3 people Shot Dead. 1 Death due to Torture, 1 Death Reason Unknown
- 36 People Kidnapped, 4 Returns after Abduction
Cases in 2014
- Bangladeshi Killed in BSF Firing
- BSF Ransacks Bangladeshi’s House in Lalmonirhat
- Another Bangladeshi Killed at Border – 18 Year Old Shot While Collecting Firewood
- BSF hands over bodies of Tripura mob victims – 3 of the suspected cattle traders were killed by a
- BSF Shoot Dead Bangladeshi Cattle Herder on the Spot
Cases of Violence Committed by the Indian Border Security Force between January – December 2013 Click
Right to Life
Art.32 : Protection of the Right to Life and Personal Liberty.
The State must adopt measures that are conducive to allowing persons to live with human dignity. States must ensure that people within its jursidiction have access to basic subsistence needs. States must exercise control over private entities so as to prevent and punish.